The College is committed to support our students and staff members and ensure safety throughout the coronavirus pandemic in line with the latest government and Public health England advice. Our outmost priority is the safety of our staff and students.
In case of a second wave of COVID and the government guidelines change, we will move all the educational services using our online facilities. We will commence our terms as per the prescribed timetable with tuition and tutorials online.
We will continue our educational delivery using a blended learning model where the courses will be delivered via a mix of on-campus and online activity. Our on-campus delivery will be carried out in line with government advice and instruction, including the appropriate social distancing requirements.
If you are unable to join us on campus at the start of your course, we are offering a fully online lessons for many of our courses as long as there are no specific requirements for on-campus activity (e.g. workshop, simulation sessions) that cannot be managed online.
All our courses and modules will be delivered using Canvas VLE and MS Teams from September 2020. These platforms are simple to use and will allow you to have online conversations with your lecturers and peers in groups and on a one to one basis.
We are putting in place several additional health and safety measures across all our campuses. These include:
- If a student is worried about coming to the College and need to shield for health reasons, then that student can access the courses online.
- We will be conducting our courses using a blended approach, which is a planned combination of socially distanced campus-based teaching and enhanced digital learning.
- All students will have opportunities for face-to-face on-campus interaction with their academic tutors and peers – although this will be conducted in smaller groups that reflect social distancing and related guidelines
- The lectures, seminars, tutorial, discussions, and presentations will be carried out using our online teaching platforms.
- We will be controlling the access of physical facilities to meet the social distancing guidelines. Library facilities will be offered through online
- We have appropriate social distancing and cleaning protocols, controlling staff and student movements around campus, and other measures such as supporting the wearing of face coverings in certain appropriate circumstances
- The students will continue to get personal support from their lecturers and benefit from the College support services such as finance, welfare services, student services, etc
- We are committed to providing you with a high level of wellbeing support and this will be carried out through a dedicated team which comprise of our tutors and support staff providing advice and support
We strongly recommend that the students should make a contact with the College Welfare department if they need any help and advice via email at email@example.com